The DYSC program is governed by the DYSC Board of Directors as outlined in its By-Laws. DYSC is also a member of and operates under the guidelines of the following:
- NW District (Northwest District of CJSA), which is a member of
- CJSA (Connecticut Junior Soccer Association), which is a member of
- USYSA (United States Youth Soccer Association), which is a member of
- FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association), which is the governing body for soccer in the United States and the World.
These soccer organizations follow the “Laws of the Game” (go to www.fifa.com) as defined by FIFA, which are modified for the younger ages.
Organizational Structure and Responsibilities
Within the DYSC Organization, responsibilities are divided as follows:
- DYSC Board of Directors - Responsible for all DYSC programs and activities.
- DYSC Board Officers – Hold positions needed to administer our programs
- Recreational Director – Responsible for all In-House programs.
- Division Coordinators – Responsible for team rosters and schedules of a given Division
- Coaches - Responsible for the welfare, education and activities of their team.
- Assistant Coaches - Responsible for assisting the Coach.
- Players - Participate in the program and have fun.
- Parents - Support the program, children and assist whenever possible.